Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Do you have industry experience and/or a qualification in Exercise and Fitness?
- Do you want to be an industry recognised health and fitness professional who is recognised internationally?
Then you may be eligible for recognition of prior learning.
About Recognition of Prior Learning
REPS India understands that there are numerous prospective members who have expertise and/or experience in the health and fitness sector but no recognised qualification to gain entry on to REPS India.
These may include individuals with:
- International qualifications
- Higher education degrees
- Minimum one year of experience but no formal qualification
Because the training or experience that you have undergone is not recognised by REPS India we are unable to verify that you have met the relevant REPS India standards. However, we do have a route to ensure that you can meet the standards and attain a full, recognised qualification: Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
RPL is a process that gives individuals with learning and experience in the health and fitness sector the opportunity to go straight to the final assessment without undertaking an entire qualification. This process is carried out by an accredited training provider which has been accredited by PD:Approval to deliver and assess qualifications.
In order for you to gain certification at the category you require e.g. Fitness Instructor, Group Exercise and Personal Trainer the REPS India recognised training provider must be satisfied that you have the necessary knowledge and skills to meet the criteria specified in the REPS India standards, which are needed to achieve a pass when you undertake the assessment.
Your chosen accredited training provider will measure your current skills and knowledge in health and fitness against the requirements of the full qualification, and then will support you to fill any gaps to ensure you have the best chance of successfully completing the assessment.
Once you have passed the assessment the training provider will provide you with the official PD:Approval qualification certificate which can then be used to join REPS India along with your training provider certificate.
All accredited training providers will differ, and it is up to you to check out our list of training providers, contact them about RPL and discuss your options. However, please note if you are not able to pass the assessment and you fail more then 70% in more than three sections on the exam, they will support you to fil the knowledge gaps and this will then mean that you need to complete further training.
This process could only take up to 3 days, providing you have all the knowledge and experience to pass all the assessments. For example, the assessment will cover: multiple choice questions, worksheets, designing fitness training programme for a client, instructing a fitness training programme. Your accredited training provider will first assess your theory if you are unable to pass this then you will not be able to progress on the practical module which is developing a training programme or instructing a fitness training programme. If you are not ready then it would take longer and then this all depends on yourself. Please ensure that download or print our guide to read so that you fully understand the detail and process before proceeding.
- Read through, print and or download the RPL guide and take this to your accredited training provider.
- Contact several accredited training providers about signing up as an RPL student to find out the best one for you.
- Choose an accredited training provider that you are happy with.
- Take the multiple choice questions exam (MAKE SURE YOU REVISE BEFORE ATTENDING)
- Complete the worksheets in the RPL pack
- Attend the planning and instructing module class
- Complete the practical assessment
- Receive your certificate and join REPS India