REPS India is an independent, public register which recognises the qualifications and expertise of fitness professionals in India against international standards. REPS provides a system of regulation for instructors and trainers to ensure that they meet the global health and fitness industry's agreed standards.
REPS India serves to protect people who take part in exercise and physical activity and provides assurance and confidence to the public and employers that all professionals on the Register are appropriately qualified and have the knowledge, competence and skills to perform their role effectively. As REPS India will meet international standards, the aim is for all members to be internationally portable to other countries if they wish to work abroad.
REPS India has established a system of standards, qualifications and training that is truly world class and meets international standards from around the globe.
REPS India will increase the trust, confidence and credibility of the fitness industry and will ensure fitness services are offered in a high quality, healthy, safe and ethical environment.
To make India a fitter nation through REPS India registered fitness professionals.
- Raise standards and professionalism in the industry
- Play a role in combating obesity and other diseases
- Increase recognition of the sector
- Grow the industry (business performance, member retention, training sector)
- Promote physical activity and fitness from an early age
- Become a leader in global fitness industry
- Ensure the qualifications and competence of the fitness instructors in the industry support safe and effective practice of exercise and promote health and well-being